Saturday, May 24, 2008

NOMENCLATURE

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE BLACK COLLAR?

Despite what you might think of him, the first time I heard the term “black collar” was in a Marilyn Manson song, “Use Your Fist and Not Your Mouth.”* Thus began a curiosity with the term, which I originally associated with Fascist “blackshirts.”**

Wik-tionary defines “black collar” thusly: “Of or pertaining to employment in the black market; that is, to engagement[sic] in illicit trade or distribution of untaxed goods and services.”

So, let me make it perfectly clear that I am using “black collar” in a different sense:

I oppose all illegal activities, as it is STUPID to break the law and impair one’s ability to function within society.

I do not use “black collar” in a Tony Soprano connotation, but in a sense applicable to those in the early 20th century who violently opposed the disease of liberalism and briefly returned Europe to a respectable stature only to see things go horribly awry. (In a sense, I'm nostalgic about the past and an alternate future that was aborted.)

I hope this post will keep black market folk from thinking, “Finally, a manifesto about selling stolen cigarettes.” Because, when I use “black collar,” I mean the guys who string up black marketers and throw them all in a common grave. And the only liberal actions of such black collar fellows will be the sprinkling of lime they put over the criminals’ dead bodies.

*(See song lyrics here: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/marilynmanson/useyourfistandnotyourmouth.html).

**(See Wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackshirts).

2 Comments:

Blogger Drift Financial Services said...

I always search such wonderful blog and after so many efforts finally I got you. Keep writing the same
Pharmacy home delivery in UAE
Pharmacy near Business Bay

April 26, 2022 at 1:19 AM  
Blogger Drift Financial Services said...

Approved Auditor in DAFZA
Approved Auditor in RAKEZ
Approved Auditor in JAFZA
i heard about this blog & get actually whatever i was finding. Nice post love to read this blog
Approved Auditor in DMCC

April 26, 2022 at 1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home